Osteoben 120 vegcaps
- Free shipping on orders over $99
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Medical Food for the dietary management of osteoporosis and osteopenia
Osteoben™ has been formulated to:
- Increase bone mineral density
- Reduce frequency and severity of hot ?ashes
- Reduce specific predictors of CVD
Improved Outcomes with Science-Based Combination Therapy
GENISTEIN AGLYCONE: Hormone replacement therapy is an effective treatment for postmenopausal bone loss. However, in some forms, it may increase risk of serious health problems. Genistein is a phytoestrogen that acts as a mild SERM (selective estrogen receptor modulator), which may positively regulate bone cell metabolism without serious side effects. The genistein aglycone in Osteoben™ is from a non-soy plant source.
CALCIUM AND VITAMIN D: In spite of their importance, available data suggest that calcium and vitamin D3 alone are not adequate to manage menopausal bone loss. However, there is good reason to believe that supplementation with these nutrients combined with other intervention strategies (e.g., genistein aglycone) maximizes restoration of bone loss.
COMBINATION THERAPY: In a study published in The Annals of Internal Medicine, the combination of genistein aglycone, calcium and vitamin D3 was compared to calcium and vitamin D3 alone. This study found that the combination therapy:
- Significantly increased bone mineral density
- Decreased levels of bone resorption markers, including urinary pyridinoline and deoxypyridinoline
- Increased levels of markers of new bone formation including levels of bone-specific alkaline phosphatase
- Magnesium (as di-magnesium malate)
- Vitamin K (as K2 menaquinone-7)
- Zinc (as citrated zinc bisglycinate)
Serving Size: 4 Vegetable Capsule
Servings Per Container: 30
|Amount Per Serving||% of Daily Value|
|Vitamin D (as Choleciferol) (1000 IU)||25 mcg||125%|
|Vitamin K (as Vitamin K2 Menaquinone-7)||50 mcg||42%|
|Calcium (as Di-Calcium Malate)||400 mg||31%|
|Magnesium (as Di-Magnesium Malate)||400 mg||95%|
|Zinc (as Zinc Bisglycinate Chelate)||8 mg||73%|
Cellulose (capsule), microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable stearate
Dairy/ Milk Free, Gluten Free, Soy Free, Non-GMO
Take four capsules per day, or as directed by your health care practitioner (divided dosing recommended).
Does not contain gluten, dairy, soy or GMOs. Keep out of reach of children.
Storage: Store at room temperature.
Notice: Color, size, or shape may appear different between lots.